Bringing together professionals from across the United States dedicated to helping protect children, the National Child Protection Task Force virtual conference will teach advanced techniques for cyber investigations.
NCPTF Conference Dates: June 21 - June 25, 2021
The annual training event teaches life-saving techniques and tools which can be used by front-line operators protecting children from child exploitation and human trafficking.
Who Can Attend the NCPTF Conference
The event is one of the best 2021 law enforcement conferences in North America and is open to law enforcement, prosecution officials, as well as nonprofit and corporate case assistants and is ideal for:
- District Attorneys
- Police Investigators
- Child Exploitation Forensic Examiners
- Cyber Analysts
- Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) investigators
- ICAC Task Force Members
- Anti-Human Trafficking Task Force Members
NCPTF Conference Tracks
The 5-day event will feature two simultaneous tracks - an OSINT focused track and a Prosecution Track:
- Main Track - Learn to build a foundation of OSINT skills that includes dark web and working with images. Along with learning location-based data investigations and finding out how criminals operate, these sessions will include cryptocurrency, insights from casework, and a summary from NCPTF organizers, Kevin Metcalf and Kevin Branzetti, on developing the flow and fitting the pieces together. Following training, teams from around the world will participate in a worldwide OSINT "Capture The Flag" challenge event as well as additional talks and in-depth Dark Web Investigations training.
- Prosecution Track - Receive a broad overview of how OSINT and social media techniques are used in criminal investigations and prosecutions. A portion of the day will also be dedicated to educating victim/witness forensic examiners on questions to ask and best practices for what to look for in their line of work as well as a detailed discussion about investigations involving major digital platforms (e.g., Facebook, Google) and how to produce digital evidence in discovery and trial.
Presenters representing the following organizations are scheduled:
- Anti-Human Trafficking Intelligence Initiative
- Blackhorse Solutions
- Dutch National Police
- Springdale Arkansas Police
- ZetX Corporation