Mobile Device Investigator™ is a stand-alone digital forensic software tool for advanced logical iOS and Android mobile device investigations. With Mobile Device Investigator™ also called MDI, front-line investigators can:
- Scan logical iOS and Android devices or backups
- Create a backup of an iOS and Android device
Investigators can customize and create Search Profiles with keywords and hashsets (including VICS data), and you have the powerful and familiar ADF analysis and reporting capabilities that thousands of investigators worldwide use every day to solve investigations.
MDI was built from the ground up to empower police, sheriffs, constables, detectives and front-line investigators to quickly exploit iOS and Andorid smartphones and tablets on-scene. When confronted with numerous devices, investigators can quickly identify phones with relevant data by using custom keywords and hashes, or scanning numerous backups at once:
- Collect data while conducting your case
- Gather specific, relevant information including call logs and messages, web history and WiFi connections
- Jumpstart your case with custom profiles to target specific data
- Perform a quick review of the data using the picture gallery, video frames, comprehensive filters, and VICS and CAID auto-categorization
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of the data using visual classification and timeline view
- View links between files of interest and user activities
To complete a case, investigators can create a custom report with tagged data and export reports in PDF, HTML, CSV or VICS formats and can share reports with other investigators and prosecutors using ADF’s Standalone Viewer.