ADF's New Forensic Software Empowers Investigators and Prosecutors
ADF Solutions, the leading provider of automated forensic software for investigators and lab examiners, announced today the release of new software versions 1.4 for Digital Evidence InvestigatorⓇ, and versions 4.4 for Triage-InvestigatorⓇ, and Triage-G2Ⓡ software.
"We are very excited to be the first digital forensic software to parse macOS Mojave log files natively under Windows strengthening our macOS support", stated Raphael Bousquet, CTO, and co-founder of ADF Solutions. "In our world of fast and efficient forensic analysis, we strive to reduce data noise for the investigator. The addition of picture and video classification is a great step in the right direction!"
A precise timeline view links user activities with pictures, videos, and files of interest so investigators can quickly build a digital forensic report to share with prosecutors or other investigators. The new version leverages enhanced automation and enables investigators to run in-depth digital forensics scans quickly. The highlights of this new release for the investigative and forensic community include:
- View pictures and videos organized by visual classes (people, faces, weapons, vehicles, indecent pictures of children)
- Extract USB History, User Logins, and Connection Log from the latest macOS log files
- Forensic support for APFS partitions
- Choose thumbnails size in the Pictures and Videos views
- Export in VICS format
- View all records’ properties in the new keyword search views
- Create a report in PDF format (in addition to CSV, HTML and Portable Report Viewer)
- New threaded email view
- Display tags with colors and show all tagged records in one view
- Search scan result for dates or hash values
- Create a log file while imaging and verify image checksum after completion
“This release of ADF software further empowers law enforcement professionals focused on solving internet crimes against children and child exploitation cases”, said Peter Morse, Director of Global Sales for ADF Solutions. “ADF’s auto-classification and tagging are the types of features ADF is delivering to enable on-scene investigators to quickly identify suspects and victims.”