In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, the International Association of Chiefs of Police moved the annual IACP Technology Conference online for 2020. The virtual event taking place June 24 and 25 is designed for law enforcement leaders but it is also attended by front-line officers and police professionals responsible for technology within their agencies.
The move to a virtual conference will now feature on-demand content and will continue to include many of the traditional benefits of attending:
- Workshops and Educational Sessions
- Networking Lounge & Ask the Experts Panel
- Keynotes from Industry Experts and Police Leaders
- Exhibit Hall
Keynotes will include topics such as "Technological Innovation in the Age of COVID-19" and "Lessons in Surviving a Ransomware Attack". Virtual tracks include:
- Video Analytics and Integration Challenges Faced by Law Enforcement Agencies
- Resources for Successfully Navigating Between Your Leadership and IT Staff
- Use Cases for UAS Systems: Building the Evidence
- Using Policing Technologies Ethically
- Video Analytics, AI Solutions, and Privacy
- Managing the Use of Facial Recognition in an Evolving Policy, Regulatory and Legal Environment
- Limitations of Sharing Intelligence and Investigation Information
- Maximizing Public Safety Mobility
Registration is open to members and non-members and attendees will hear from leaders from agencies and organizations including:
- US Department of Justice
- National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C)
- Georgia Department of Public Safety
- San Diego Harbor Police
- Illinois State Police
- First Responder Network Authority
- National Fusion Center Association
- City of Portland Oregon
- University of Florida Police Department
- Chicago Police Department
Key Sponsors include Amazon Web Services, Axon Enterprises, Microsoft, Tyler Technologies, Motorola and others.
With more digital devices involved in crimes than every before, the IACP Technology Conference is one of the most important international law enforcement conferences of the year. ADF will be participating with our partner Carahsoft Technology. See a list of 2020 Law Enforcement Conferences in North America.
Qualified police and law enforcement professionals can request a free trial of ADF Digital Forensic software which is used by frontline field officers and digital first responders to speed on-scene and lab investigations.